I don’t want all Christians to apologize for the clinic shooting. I want everyone to stop attributing the actions of the few to the many. And while I’m at it, I’d like to see the mainstream media acknowledge the existence of Christian terrorism.
They could start with an educational piece about the Phineas Priesthood, an American white supremacist movement that claims Christian inspiration and opposes interracial intercourse, racial integration, homosexuality, and abortion. They could list attacks by their members.
They could go on to teach us about:
- the Army of God (who openly promote killing abortion providers),
- Eastern Lightning (whose members beat a 37-year-old woman named Wu Shuoyan to death in a McDonalds in China when she refused to give them her phone number)
- The Lord’s Resistance Army (who have killed thousands in Uganda, the Congo, the Central African Republic (CAR) and South Sudan)
- And other American groups:
- The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSA), Defensive Action, and the Montana Freemen. (this is only a partial list)
Instead of making believe it doesn't exist we owe it to teach our children and remind our adults about the reality of Christian terrorism, and teach about the delusions of extremism.